UNESCO and Uruguayan universities to host 2022 Academic Conference on Safety of Journalists
UNESCO and a network of Uruguayan universities will host the seventh edition of the Academic Conference on the Safety of Journalists in Punta del Este, Uruguay.
The Academic Conference will take place within the framework of the 2022 global celebration of World Press Freedom Day, co-hosted by UNESCO and the Government of Uruguay on 2-4 May 2022.
The Academic Conference committee welcomes submissions/ papers/ research on all aspects of safety of journalists and impunity for crimes against journalists. Some of the key topics are:
- Digital protection for journalists & online surveillance
- Specific threats faced by women journalists online and offline
- The safety of journalists covering protests
- Impact of internet shutdowns on journalistic work
- Digital media technologies and safety of journalists