UNICEF releases 6 point plan to protect children during the pandemic
The UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) on the occasion of World Children’s day released a six-point plan and data and advocacy brief, ‘Averting a lost COVID Generation’, to protect children during the pandemic. As part of the ‘Six Point Plan to Protect our Children’, UNICEF calls on governments and partners to:
- Reduce the digital divide and ensure all children get the opportunity to learn;
- Ensure all children get equal access to health and nutrition services;
- Support and protect the mental health of children and young people and end gender-based violence;
- Increase access to clean water, sanitation, and hygiene, and address environmental degradation and climate change;
- Reverse the rise in child poverty; and
- Protect children living through conflict, disaster, and displacement.