Visa-Shopee partnership to support growth in Southeast Asian digital economy
Visa and Shopee signed a five-year agreement to promote the Southeast Asian digital economy through collaborating on a number of initiatives to extend access to the digital economy for micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) across the region including:
- Incentivising MSMEs to digitalise their business on Shopee and adopt digital payments through Visa
- Providing MSMEs with marketing and campaign support to drive awareness, traffic, and sales to online stores
- Launching co-branded credit cards in collaboration with local banks
- Offering fast, easy, and secure Visa payments to all Shopee users
- Creating unique experiences for Shopee users through Visa’s exclusive sponsorship platforms
‘When a small business goes digital, it’s plugged into a much broader commerce landscape. Visa is working to help any business, regardless of their size or location, better attract and serve more local and global customers by getting enabled to accept digital payments in a safe and secure manner,’ noted Visa’s regional head of merchant sales and acquiring in Asia Pacific, Neil Mumm.