Joint Communiqué of Russia, India and China stresses states’ responsibility for the Internet’s stability
At the 14th Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Russia, India and China, the three countries issued a Joint Communiqué, highlighting:
- the need for strengthened cooperation to counter the use of ICTs by terrorist and criminal purposes;
- the role of the UN in addressing security issues related to ICTs
- the need for a ‘broader international universal regulatory binding instrument under UN auspices’ to counter the use of ICTs for criminal purposes;
- the principles of political independence, territorial integrity and the sovereign equality of states.
- the need to advocate for a peaceful, open and secure Internet space, considering that the Interent is a global resource.