National strategy for the protection of Switzerland against cyber risks (NCS) 2018-2022
The National Strategy for the Protection of Switzerland against Cyber Risks (NCS) for the period 2018-2022 was adopted by the Federal Council on 18 April 2018. The strategy aims to protect Switzerland’s critical infrastructure, economy, and society from cyber threats. It is implemented by the National Cybersecurity Centre (NCSC), which regularly prepares reports on the state of implementation on behalf of the NCS Steering Committee. The NCS is based on five strategic goals:
- Prevention: Strengthening the resilience of critical infrastructures, businesses, and individuals through risk management, awareness-raising, and education.
- Detection and response: Ensuring the early detection of cyber incidents and the rapid and coordinated response to them.
- Integrating federal cybersecurity centers: Improving communication and collaboration between federal cybersecurity centers.
- Promoting research and training: Investing in research and training to develop expertise and innovative solutions.
- International cooperation: Strengthening international cooperation to address cyber threats.