ITU CWG-Internet: Bridging the Digital Divide
The International Telecommunication Union Council Working Group on International Internet-related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet) has launched an open consultation on the topic 'Bridging the digital divide'. Stakeholders are invited to submit contributions on issues related to achieving gender equality for Internet users, with a focus on the following aspects:
- What approaches and examples of good practices are available to increase Internet access and digital literacy of women and girls, including in decision-making processes on Internet public policy?
- What approaches and examples of good practices are available to promote the access and use of ICTs by SMEs in developing and least-developed countries, particularly those owned/managed by women, in order to achieve greater participation in the digital economy?
- Which are the available sources and mechanisms for measuring women's participation in the digital economy with focus on SME's and micro-enterprises?
- What measures/policies could be envisioned in order to foster the role of women as entrepreneurs and managers of SMEs, specifically in developing and least-developed countries?
- What are the gaps in addressing these challenges? How can they be addressed and what is the role of governments?