Dubai Metaverse Strategy
Strategies and Action Plans
The Dubai Metaverse Strategy goal is to turn Dubai into one of the world’s top 10 metaverse economies and a global hub for the metaverse community. The strategy also aims to develop global standards in building safe and secure platforms for users and develop metaverse infrastructure and regulations to accelerate the adoption of these technologies.
Strategies objectives are:
- attracting more than 1,000 companies in the fields of blockchain and metaverse;
- promoting Dubai’s ambitions to support more than 40,000 virtual jobs by 2030;
- to support the UAE government’s vision of increasing the number of blockchain companies by five times.
The Dubai Metaverse Strategy seeks to:
- foster innovation, enhance the metaverse’s economic contributions through R&D collaborations, and promote advanced ecosystems utilising accelerators and incubators that attract companies and projects to Dubai
- foster talent and invest in future capabilities by providing the necessary support in metaverse education aimed at developers, content creators and users of digital platforms in the metaverse community
- develop Web3 technology and its applications to create new governmental work models and development in vital sectors, including tourism, education, retail, remote work, healthcare and the legal sector.
The strategy’s key pillars focus on:
- extended reality (XR)
- augmented reality (AR)
- ·virtual reality (VR)
- mixed reality (MR)
- and digital twins (a virtual representation of an object or system).