CICA Catalogue of Confidence Building Measures
Principles and Recommendations
Adopted in 2021 by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Conference on Interaction and Building Measures in Asia (CICA), the CICA Catalogue of Confidence Building Measures encourages member states to implement several confidence building measures across the following priority areas: new challenges and threats; combating terrorism; security of and in the use of ICTs; combating illicit drugs, and epidemiological safety, public health, and pharmaceuticals.
The catalogue lists the following measures related to security of and in the use of ICTs:
- Promoting an open, secure, peaceful, and cooperative ICT environment in Asia on the basis of mutual respect, strengthening of contacts and exchanges, deepening of dialogue and cooperation, fighting against threats resulting from the malicious use of ICTs.
- Promoting dialogue on confidence-building, stability and risk reduction in the field of security of and in the use of ICTs among CICA member states.
- Recognising the importance of peaceful use of ICTs by reducing misunderstanding between CICA member states, promoting trust and confidence.
- Sharing information, best practices and raising awareness in the field of security of and in the use of ICTs to address the threats stemming from the use of ICTs.
- Improving cooperation to respond to the criminal use of ICTs based on an internationally agreed legal framework.