DiploFoundation is pleased to announce the new call for the Digital Watch Knowledge Fellow (DW Knowledge Fellow). If you are keen on digital topics because of a personal interest, academic studies or policy research, join a vibrant international team of knowledge fellows. Follow an issue of your interest (e-waste, blockchain, online education, cybersecurity and health, and many others) within digital policy and internet governance framework. Our experts will share knowledge on how to use various digital tools and network effectively, and enable you to gain skills in writing, among many others.
We live in an unprecedented time of technological developments, with many open questions ahead of us. Responding to this axial period, Diplo is strengthening its Digital Watch team of Knowledge Fellows to address future developments in a wide range of topics, from artificial intelligence (AI) and digital governance, to diplomacy and geopolitics.
- Analysing the latest developments;
- Researching and developing timelines, maps and other research artefacts;
- Keeping assigned pages in good health.
Knowledge Fellows are also invited to share their expertise through Diplo’s knowledge ecology (contributions towards Diplo courses, involvement in debates, etc.).
Anyone who meets the requirements and is interested in the aforementioned fields would be a welcome addition to our team.
DW Knowledge Fellows will benefit from:
- training on covering digital policy developments,
- training on how to use WordPress,
- visibility of their work among the users of DW (diplomatic communities in Geneva and other diplomatic centres, professionals from across all stakeholder groups dealing with digital topics)
- the possibility of promoting their digital policy-related research via DW/Diplo networks
- access to/being part of a global network of experts and professionals working on various digital policy topics
Requirements and how to apply
Professionals from a wide range of communities – from young gamers to retired diplomats, from tech specialists to philosophers, from scientists to artists – are invited to apply.
Applicants should have:
- A solid command of English and basic skills in using web and social media
- Expertise in at least one digital policy area
- Availability to work 5–8 hours per week