Alternative dispute resolution

If you have a legal dispute to settle with someone, you can do so through traditional means such as court, but you can also do so by agreeing to settle the dispute through the decision of a third party such as an arbitrator or arbitration tribunal, mediator, or other body.  These methods are referred to as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). In the Internet governance space, Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) features most prominently.

Our Experts

Ms Pavlina Ittelson

Project Officer, DiploFoundation

Ms Pavlina Ittelson is Program Officer at Diplo US. She also monitors the topics of jurisdiction and alternative dispute resolution for the GIP Digital Watch Observatory. Previously, Pavlina was a legal project manager on international business, science, and technology.