The 2018 annual meeting of the Mauritius Internet Governance Forum (Mauritius-IGF) will be held on 16–17 August 2018, in Port Louis.
The Mauritius-IGF is an initiative dedicated to fostering policy dialogue among stakegolders on issues of Internet governance. The objectives of the initiative include:
- Advancing Internet governance issues in Mauritius through a multistakeholder framework, andfacilitating partnerships and coalitions that deliver coordinated domestic responses, initiatives, and synergies on Internet governance issues
- Increasing awareness and building capacity on Internet governance issues in Mauritius so as to ensure informed dialogue on policy and related matters between all stakeholders
- Establishing a coordinated and coherent framework for dealing with Internet governance issues in Mauritius
- Facilitating the participation of a broad range of stakeholders in Internet governance processes
- Ensure that Mauritius views are represented in the region and at the global IGF.
More information about the 2018 meeting will be made available on the initiative's webpage.