The 2018 edition of the Internet Freedom Festival (IFF) will take place on 5–9 March 2018 in Valencia, Spain. IFF 2018 will be jointly hosted by the International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX), the Open Technology Fund, and Las Naves.
IFF is considered to be one of the largest, most diverse and inclusive gatherings in the Internet freedom community, and brings together journalists, activists, technologists, policy advocates, digital safety trainers, and designers, among other professionals. IFF will see representation from over 125 countries, with more than 650 sessions submitted, more than 1 200 people registered, and more than 53% participation by women.
The festival is organised around seven themes:
- On the frontlines - surveillance and censorship challenges
- Making tech better
- Training and best practices
- Internet freedom: present and future
- Healthier networks and organisations
- Advocacy, policy, and research
- Journalism, media, and communications
As IFF 2018 has reached capacity, new registrations will be invited on a rolling basis based on a wailting list.
For more information, visit the event website.