Digital rights were under focus this month, with recommendations by the UN Special Rapporteur on privacy for a legal instrument regulating surveillance in cyberspace, and new leaks that describe the US CIA’s ability to hack phones, computers, and smart devices. The US-Russia saga on cyber espionage continues, amid more breaches worldwide. What were the main Internet governance updates in March, and how will they shape future developments? What can we expect in April? Join us for our next monthly briefing, on Tuesday, 28th March, for a round-up of the major global IG and digital policy developments.
You receive hundreds of pieces of information on digital politics.
We receive them, too.
We decode, contextualise, and analyse them.
Then we summarise them for you.
Every last Tuesday of the month, the Internet governance briefings provide a 'zoomed-out' update of the major global IG and digital policy developments. They are delivered live from Geneva (WMO Building, 2nd floor, 7 bis Avenue de la Paix), and broadcast online.
The Internet governance in March 2017 briefing takes place on Tuesday, 28th March, at 11:00 UTC (13:00 CEST). Join us online, or in Geneva, or from any of the hubs; fill in the registration form to reserve your place.
Local hubs in Indonesia, Brazil, Tunis and South Eastern Europe will share their regional perspectives.
- The South Eastern European hub is organised in collaboration with the South Eastern European Dialogue on Internet Governance (SEEDIG), and will be hosted at Diplo Centar, Branicevska 12a/12, Belgrade, Serbia.
- The Tunis hub organised by Hivos iGmena, will be hosted Tunisian Internet Agency (ATI) at the 404 Lab 13 Jugurtha Street, Mutuelle Ville.
- A video of regional updates and perspectives from iGmena is now available.
- The Rio de Janeiro hub will be hosted by Center for Technology and Society of the Getulio Vargas Foundation.
- A video of regional updates and perspectives from Brazil is now available.
The monthly Internet governance briefings are organised by the Geneva Internet Platform (GIP), a Swiss initiative run by DiploFoundation. Learn more about our monthly briefings and local hubs. To keep up-to-date with GIP events, subscribe to our mailing list. More information at email@example.com