The Swiss Internet Governance Forum 2023
The Swiss IGF serves as a national extension of the United Nations IGF, a global initiative that establishes internet governance principles.
Since 2015, Switzerland has hosted its own IGF, operating independently and conducting annual events. The Swiss IGF is overseen by a dedicated steering group composed of volunteers from politics, business, science, and civil society, with the support of the Federal Office of Communications.
Notably, it adopts a multistakeholder approach, ensuring equal participation and collaborative problem-solving on digitalization challenges and regulatory matters. Given Switzerland's multilingual environment, the Swiss IGF accommodates German, French, and English languages, reflecting its nationwide reach and inclusivity.
The main topics of discussion on this year's agenda are:
- Use and regulation of artificial intelligence, especially in the context of education;
- Protection of fundamental rights in the digital age;
- Trustworthy management of data;
- Use and power of platforms;
- New ways of exercising democracy and protecting it;
- Responsible use of new technologies;
- Internet governance and the impact of digitization on geopolitics.
For more information about the forum, please visit the dedicated web page.