Symposium on Innovative Smart Grid Cybersecurity Solutions
A Symposium on Innovative Smart Grid Cybersecurity Solutions will be held on 13-14 March 2017, in Vienna, Austria.
The event will feature presentations from leading European researchers on smart grid security, demonstrations of project solutions, keynote speakers, panel sessions ,and an early stage researcher poster session. Topics that will be covered in the agenda include:
- Risk management, highlighting solutions for threat analysis, cyber-attack consequence identification, optimal countermeasure selection, and analysis of the cascading effects of attacks to energy utilities.
- Situational awareness, covering topics such as intrusion detection for SCADA system and security analytics systems that can identify the effects of malicious behaviour in big data.
- Legal and regulatory aspects, including the implications of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive for smart grid stakeholders;
- Security architectures and key technologies, focusing on methods to develop secure architecture, presentations of relevant standards, including their application, and the use of novel hardware-based approaches to authentication.
- Social aspects, including assessing the privacy implications of the smart grid and insights into consumer behaviour with respect to security in the smart grid.
- Smart grid resilience, showing how the smart grid of the future could automatically adapt its behaviour in response to cyber-attacks, in order to avoid operational issues like blackouts.
For more information, visit the event website.|full_html