Second WSIS+10 Informal Interactive Stakeholder Consultations
The General Assembly, in its resolution 68/302 on the modalities for the overall review by the Assembly of the implementation of the outcomes of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), decided that that the overall review will be concluded by a two-day high-level meeting of the Assembly, to be preceded by an intergovernmental preparatory process that also takes into account inputs from all relevant stakeholders of the World Summit on the Information Society.
The General Assembly also decided that during the preparatory process for the high-level meeting, the President of the Assembly will organize informal interactive consultations with all relevant stakeholders of the World Summit on the Information Society, in order to collect their inputs for the intergovernmental negotiation process.
The President of the General Assembly will convene a second informal interactive WSIS stakeholder consultations with all relevant stakeholders on 19 October 2015.
Registration is now open for all relevant stakeholders, including civil society, private sector and academia, from the following five categories:
* Non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council
* Organizations accredited to the World Summit on the Information Society held in Geneva (2003) and Tunis (2005)
* Organizations accredited to the WSIS Forum held from 2011 to 2015
* Organizations with observer status with the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
* Attendees of the UNESCO WSIS+10 - ICT4D Conference or the UNESCO WSIS - Connecting the Dots Conference
Participants need to secure their own funding for travel and subsistence. Participants also need to make their own US visa arrangements, if applicable. Invitation letters cannot be provided from the UN.
Source and more information about the United Nations General Assembly's overall review of the implementation of WSIS outcomes|full_html