This year’s NASIG (The North American School of Internet Governance) will be held under the slogan ‘transforming the information community’ both virtually and in Baltimore, Maryland. NASIG is an independent organization that aims to improve the accessibility and distribution of information resources that strives, through its annual event, to educate students about the procedures, norms, rules, and policies that shape the use of the Internet creating great opportunities for further advancements in the field of information technologies.
For its 37th edition, the organizers have prepared a casual venue for pre-conferences, formal sessions, practical workshops, and special events. Some of the topics that are going to be discussed are:
- access, and its relation to information privilege
- professional development in technical services
- NASIGs model of Digital Preservation Policy
- connecting the wider audience with collaborative research and publishing
- how important are standards and recommended practices in the e-resource life cycle
- different approaches to Open Educational Resources (OER)
- ADEI (Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
You can find more about the programme here.