The LACNIC 27 meeting will be held on 22-26 May 2017, in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, and will be organised by the Internet Address Registry for Latin Americ and the Caribbean (LACNIC), NIC.br and CGI.br.
The event will bring together the Latin American and Caribbean Internet community for five days of discussions and exchanges on various issues related to the use and evolution of the Internet in the region. The programme will include:
- Technical tutorials: focused on topics such as monitoring of IPv6, routing, and DNSSEC, among others.
- Public Policy Forum: a space of debate where policies are presented and discussed for the region of Latin America and the Caribbean regarding the administration of Internet resources.
- Members Annual Assembly of LACNIC: In this space the balance sheets and results of the management of LACNIC are considered and approved.
- Latin American IPv6 Forum: promotes the exchange of experiences in the implementation of services and applications of IPv6.
- Network Security Forum: debate space on concrete actions and projects of coordination before safety problems in networks for the region.
- Regional Interconnectivity Forum: It brings together operators from traffic exchange points to promote the realization of peering agreements and receive updates on the different NAP in the region.
- On this opportunity, because they address similar topics, the Interconnection Forum and the LAC-IX meeting (Association of Latin American and Caribbean Internet Exchange Points) have been merged and will share the same space. The IXPs that are LAC-IX members will be an integral part of the Interconnection Forum.
- LACTLD meeting: the regional organization that brings together the ccTLD of Latin America and the Caribbean, meets in parallel to the meeting of LACNIC.
For more infomation, visit the event webpage.|full_html