ITU CWG-Internet: Public Policy Considerations for OTTs
The International Telecommunication Union Council Working Group on International Internet-related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet) has launched an open consultation on the topic 'Public policy considerations for OTTs'. Stakeholders are invited to submit comment on the following aspects:
- What are the opportunities and implications associated with over-the-top services (OTT)?
- What are the policy and regulatory matters associated with OTT?
- How do the OTT players and other stakeholders offering app services contribute in aspects related to security, safety, and privacy of the consumer?
- What approaches might be considered regarding OTT to help the creation of environment in which all stakeholders are able to prosper and thrive?
- How can OTT players and operators best cooperate at local and international level? Are there model partnership agreements that could be developed?