Internet Diplomacy Spring Institute
The University of Southern California (USC) Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism in Los Angeles, CA, USA will offer the first-ever USC Annenberg Internet Diplomacy Spring Institute, on 13-19 March 2016, in collaboration with ICANN. The aim of the week-long course will be to educate officials, diplomats, those running international organisations and other key decision-makers about the growing field of Internet, Internet governance and their political and economic relevance in order to form a deeper understanding of the complexity of Internet-related issues and current debates in this area.
Class time will be taken to establish a better understanding of public diplomacy and public engagement issues. It will also cover different approaches associated with the global Internet that can empower participants to contribute even more effectively on the global stage. Candidates should work in one of the above fields and have a working knowledge of some Internet policy and governance topics.
The deadline to apply is 31 January 2016. Please visit the application link here to get started.
Speakers include leaders from non-profit, business, government and other relevant sectors.
- Fadi Chehadé, President and CEO, ICANN
- Vint Cerf, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist for Google
- Joseph Nye, Distinguished Service Professor, Harvard University
Core Faculty from USC Annenberg:
- Robert Banks, Associate Professor of Public Diplomacy
- Nick Cull (course director) Professor of Public Diplomacy
- Kelton Rhoads, Adjunct Professor of Communication and Psychology
For more information, visit the course webpage.