International Telecommunication Union’s 150th Anniversary
The seventeenth of May marks the anniversary of the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention and the creation of the International Telecommunication Union. For a century and a half since 1865, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has been at the center of advances in communications – from telegraphy through to the modern world of satellites, mobile phones and the Internet.
This year, 2015, marks the 150th anniversary of the International Telecommunication Union. ITU’s 150th anniversary celebrations will be held on 17 May 2015 in Geneva (CICG). This event is open to representatives of ITU Member States, sector members, associates and academia.
- 13h30 Opening Ceremony
- 13h40 Welcome Address from the ITU SG
- 13h50 Historical Photo-Video Montage
- 14h00 ITU 150 Awards Ceremony
- 15h00 Innovation Break Out – Technical & Innovation Demonstration
- 16h00 Video Screening
- 16h05 Keynote Speech
- 16h20 Link-up to global Member events
- 16h40 On stage interview with Innovator
- 16h55 Crowdsourced video – ICTs around the world
- 17h00 Closing Ceremony
- 18h00 Innovation Break Out (continued)
For more details and to register, visit the event webpage.|full_html