ICANN61 – San Juan
The ICANN61 meeting will take place on 10–15 March 2018, in San Juan, Puerto Rico
The meeting will be held as a Community Forum and will give ICANN supporting organisations and advisory committees the opportunity to have face-to-face discussions on various issues pertaining to ICANN's activity and the management of the Domain Name System.
It will also focus on outreach, capacity building, and showcasing ICANN's work to a broader global audience.
A detailed schedule will be made available on the meeting website.
ICANN meetings in brief
- ICANN meetings are held three times each year in different regions of the globe to enable attendees from around the world to participate in person. One meeting each year is also the organisation's annual general meeting, during which new Board members take their seats.
- ICANN meetings are free and officially run five days (Monday to Friday). There are also a few pre-meeting workshops and working sessions when the volunteer members of our supporting organizations and advisory committees initiate their work.
- ICANN meetings offer the best opportunity for face-to-face discussions and airing of opinions among knowledgeable people dedicated to the continued stable and secure operation of the Internet.
- ICANN meetings offer a variety of sessions such as workshops, open forums, and working meetings on the development and implementation of Internet policies.
- Remote participation is possible while the meetings are going on. ICANN offers several tools such as streaming live audio and video, chatrooms, and online question boxes.
- Detailed logistics and information about each meeting venue, registration, and remote participation can be found at the dedicated website created for each meeting.
- ICANN’s Fellowship programme supports attendance at ICANN meetings by selected individuals from stakeholder groups around the world.