High-Level Political Forum 2023
The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), organised under the auspices of ECOSOC will take place in New York, the USA, from 10 to 19 July.
The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) will be held under the theme 'Accelerating the recovery from the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and fully implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at all levels'. The HLPF meets annually to discuss the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its SDGs.
The HLPF in 2023 will include the following:
- In-depth-reviews of Sustainable Development Goals: Goals 6 on clean water and sanitation, 7 on affordable and clean energy, 9 on industry, innovation and infrastructure, 11 on sustainable cities and communities, and 17 on partnerships for the Goals
- Discussion on the effective and inclusive recovery measures to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Explore actionable policy guidance for implementing the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at all levels.
- Presentations of countries' voluntary national reviews (VNRs) of their implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- The HLPF in July will also support the mid-term review of the implementation of the SDGs and the preparations for the 2023 SDG Summit – the HLPF to be convened under the auspices of the General Assembly in September 2023.
- The President of ECOSOC will prepare a summary to capture the key messages of the discussions.
Please refer to the dedicated web page for more information about the forum.