EBU Big Data Week 2018
The third edition of the European Broadcasting Union's (EBU) Big Data Week will take place from 28 February to 2 March 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The EBU Big Data Week includes a data journalism workshop for EBU members on the morning of 28 February; the main big data conference from 28 February to 1 March; and a conference on media innovation in the age of artificial intelligence (AI), social media, and fake news, to be held on 2 March, in collaboration with the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and MediaRoad.
The event brings together experts from industrial, legal, marketing, policy, and academic backgrounds to discuss targetting the right investments and implementing data strategies for public service media. Expected participants include directors and heads of digital, marketing, legal and communications in media organisations, journalists and editors, data scientists, researchers, and policymakers.
The topics for this year's big data conference will address:
- creating an appetite for data-driven strategies across organisations
- rethinking the organisational chart to mobilise the potential of data
- helping staff buy into big data strategies
- using new measurement metrics to support programming and production
- helping newsrooms embrace the potential of data journalism
- offering users fully personalised services
- catering for the specific needs of younger audiences
For more information, visit the event website.|full_html