Digital Assembly 2023: A Digital, Open and Secure Europe
The Digital Assembly 2023 is set to take place in Arlanda, Sweden, on 15-16 June 2023. Organised by the European Commission and the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, this assembly aims to create a platform for stakeholders to discuss and explore how Europe can fully leverage its potential in the Digital Decade. The theme of the assembly is 'A Digital, Open and Secure Europe.'
The conference provides a venue for leaders and experts from the public sector, academia, industry, and civil society to come together and engage in discussions about the future of European digital development.
The conference program includes five plenary sessions, six breakout sessions, and three side events. The plenaries will feature esteemed speakers from the digital sector, policymakers, and academia, with the opening remarks delivered by Erik Slottner, Swedish Minister for Public Administration, and Thierry Breton, Commissioner for the Internal Market.
The plenary sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Delivering the Digital Decade, including multi-country projects under European Digital Infrastructure Consortia (EDICs);
- A thriving single market for data;
- Progress in quantum technologies;
- Framing and scaling the European cyber and ICT sectors for competitiveness on a global scale;
- A secure European identity – the EU digital identity wallet;
The breakout sessions will include discussions on cyber resilience, global digital connectivity, the Digital Europe Programme, digitalisation of the public sector, General Purpose AI, and supporting companies in their digital transition.
For more information about the event, please visit the dedicated web page.