The sixth edition of the Cameroonian national Internet Governance Forum (IGF.CM-18) will be held on 14–16 May 2018 in Ebolowa, Cameroon. The forum is being organised by the National ICT Agency (ANTIC), the Internet Society Cameroon Chapter, CAMIX, the Feminine Centre for Development Promotion (CEFEPROD), PROTEGE QV, and @JURIS.TIC.
Under the theme 'Protection of sensitive data and fight against fake news on the Internet', IGF.CM-18 will gather national and international experts to discuss the impact of the aforesaid issues on Cameroon's digital development. Subthemes to be addressed include, inter alia:
- Protection against the harmful effects of the Internet and ICT tools
- Responsibility of Internet actors
- Strengthening the security of sensitive data in cyberspace
- Tools for developing the digital economy
- Trending topics such as cloud computing, big data, artificial intelligence, and cryptocurrency
For more information, visit the event website.