The App Economy and the Internet of Tomorrow
The App Economy and the Internet of Tomorrow: How Europe Can Seize the Opportunities
The Internet is evolving. Consumers are already moving off their desktops and onto their smartphones and tablets, and the shift seems set to accelerate with the advent of “wearable devices” and “machine-to-machine communications.” What are the implications of this development? Where do the opportunities lie? And what are the special challenges for policy and policymakers alike?
At this High-Level Roundtable on the App Economy and the Internet of Tomorrow,entrepreneurs, policymakers and leading experts will discuss the emerging mobile Internet, with a special focus on the rapidly expanding Apps market, where programmers are fast developing a new generation of Apps and online programmes that will transform the broader enterprise and economic ecosystem. The debate will be informed by The Mobile Internet Economy in Europe, a new study from Boston Consulting Group that will be launched at the Roundtable.
- Sophie Mestchersky, director, European policy and government affairs, Application Developers Alliance
- StJohn Deakins, CEO and founder, CitizenMe, a mobile app that gives citizens control of their "digital identity"
- Dominic Field, partner and managing director, the Boston Consulting Group; principal author, The Mobile Internet Economy in Europe
- Matt Brittin, president, business and operations, Northern and Central Europe, Google
- Ulrik Van Schepdael, founder, Mobco, a digital startup that helps companies mobilise their business
Wednesday, 10 December 2014
11h00-13h00 (registration and coffee from 10h30 onwards)
Résidence Palace, 155 rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels
If you plan on attending this high-level roundtable, please send an e-mail at your earliest convenience with the subject heading "App Economy" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Only registered participants will have access to the venue.
The Lisbon Council is a Brussels-based think tank and policy network committed to making a positive contribution by engaging political leaders and the public at large in a constructive exchange about the economic and social challenges of the 21st century.|full_html