You receive hundreds of pieces of information on digital policy.
We receive them, too.
We decode, contextualise, and analyse them.
Then we summarise them for you.
The monthly Geneva Internet Platform briefings provide a 'zoomed-out' update of the major global digital policies and Internet governance (IG) developments. The briefings are held on the last Tuesday of every month (at 12:00 UTC from November to February, and at 11:00 UTC from March to October). Join the monthly briefings online or from Geneva, or join one of the GIP hubs worldwide.
The GIP briefings are organised by the Geneva Internet Platform (operated by DiploFoundation) as part of the GIP Digital Watch initiative. The briefings complement the GIP Digital Watch observatory and the monthly Geneva Digital Watch newsletter.
11.00 – 11.20 Global perspective: main digital policy developments delivered by our Internet governance experts.
11.20 – 11.40 Questions and comments.
11.40 – 12.00 Regional perspectives: round-up from GIP hubs worldwide.
Join the monthly briefings online. Participation is free but registration is required. The webinar link is sent by e-mail a few hours before the start. Scroll down for digests and recordings of previous briefings.
You can follow the monthly briefings by joining one of the GIP hubs worldwide. If the closest hub is too far for you, we encourage you to establish a GIP hub in your local community to enable you to follow the global digital developments and to have sustainable discussions with others from your local community. The GIP can provide organisational and promotional support. If you are interested in establishing a local hub, let us know.
Internet Governance Barometer of Trends
The monthly Internet Governance Barometer of Trends tracks specific Internet governance issues in the public policy debate, and reveals focal trends by comparing the issues every month. The Barometer for a particular month is published right before each briefing.
Archive: Briefings on Internet governance and digital policy
Follow the links below to read the digest of the briefing which sums up the main discussion. Recordings, presentations, and the Internet governance Barometers for each month are also accessible through the same links.
- In 2019: Internet governance in January, February, March, April, May, June.
- In 2018: Internet governance in January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November.
- In 2017: Internet governance in January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November.
- In 2016: Internet governance in January, February, March, April, May, June, July & August, September, October, November.
- In 2015: Internet governance in January, February, March, April, May, June, July & August, September, October, November.
- In 2014: Internet governance in February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December.
For recordings and digests of Thematic Internet Governance Webinars, delivered by DiploFoundation in 2013 and 2014, visit the dedicated page and archive for Diplo’s Thematic IG webinars.
Cannot find what you need? E-mail us your request.