RightsCon Toronto will be held on 16–18 May 2018 in Toronto, Canada. As with previous editions, the seventh RightsCon event is being organised by Access Now.
Since 2011, RightsCon events have been convened around the world to discuss human rights in the digital age. The event is expected to bring together more than 2000 participants from 115 countries, representing business leaders, policy makers, legal professionals, government representatives, technologists, and human rights.
The programme will include over 450 sessions, private meetings and discussions, and satellite events among other activities.
Topics to be covered include, inter alia:
- Harnessing data to visualise trends in global civil society
- Content regulation in the digital age
- Reframing labour rights for the gig economy
- Co-creating the Internet through women's voices
- Leveraging technology to manage misinformation