ICANN 50 meeting will take place in London, England. ICANN meetings are held three times each year in different regions (Africa, Asia/Australia/Pacific, Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, and North America) of the globe to enable attendees from around the world to participate in person. One meeting each year is also the organisation's annual general meeting, when new board members are seated. The 49th meeting was held in Singapore, and the following meeting will be held in Los Angeles.
ICANN's informs that:
- ICANN meetings are held three times each year in different regions of the globe to enable attendees from around the world to participate in person. One meeting each year is also the organisation's annual general meeting, during which new Board members take their seats.
- ICANN meetings are free and officially run five days (Monday to Friday). There are also a few pre-meeting workshops and working sessions when the volunteer members of our supporting organisations and advisory committees initiate their work.
- ICANN meetings offer the best opportunity for face-to-face discussions and airing of opinions among knowledgeable people dedicated to the continued stable and secure operation of the Internet.
- ICANN meetings offer a variety of sessions such as workshops, open forums, and working meetings on the development and implementation of Internet policies.
- Remote participation is possible while the meetings are going on. We offer several tools such as streaming live audio and video, chatrooms, and online question boxes.
- Detailed logistics and information about each meeting venue, registration, and remote participation can be found at the dedicated website created for each meeting.
- ICANN’s Fellowship program supports attendance at ICANN meetings by selected individuals from stakeholder groups around the world.
- ICANN Public Forum Transcripts
- Presentation and panel report The Panel on Global Internet Cooperation and Governance Mechanisms released its final report on how to evolve the Internet governance ecosystem
- GAC London Communique (downloadable as .pdf at https://gacweb.icann.org/display/gacweb/Governmental+Advisory+Committee)
News and Media/Commentary
- All hands on deck as ICANN navigates high seas from Vladimir Radunovic at DiploFoundation
- GIP Summary Report ICANN 50
- From The Guardian.com The byzantine, meandering discussion on the future of the Internet
- CENTR Report ICANN 50 London - Report-ICANN50-20140627
- ICANN mulls internet's future - From AAP via SBS Australia: A conference in London has brought together those who hold the internet's future in their hands - but not all agree on its direction
- ICANN CEO wants to make progress on US split at London meeting: Participants will go head-to-head on how the transition from US control will work and on better accountability measures from Mikael Ricknäs (IDG News Service) on 21 June
Live Twitter from #ICANN50 HLGM
- Up-to-the-minute Twitter report from Samantha Dickinson @sgdickinson
- Complete up-to-the-minute Twitter report #ICANN50
For more information, please visit the official ICANN50 webpage.|full_html