The 5th edition of the Latin American Congress of Telecommunications will be held on 20-23 June, in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
The event will bring together ICT ministers, regulatory authorities, representatives of the ICT industry, and organisations of the digital ecosystem in Latin America, for four days of discussions on how to possibly shape a common agenda that would allow stakeholders in the region to face the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities brought by the digital economy. Debates will revolve around public policies for developing the digital ecosystem in Latin America, particularly with regard to the role of states in the promotion of investment and innovation, as well as the development of appropriate regulatory frameworks for he convergence era. There will also be discussions about the contribution of the mobile industry to the achievement of the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs).
The four-day event will include, among others:
- A plenary session addressing issues such as the role of the state in the digital economy, regulatory models for convergence, effective implementation of SDGs, and public policies for developing telecommunications.
- A workshop on the Strategy for promoting the digital economy in Colombia.
- A workshop on education for the 21st century.
- A workshop on redefining the regulatory frameworks for digital inclusion.
- A communication policy research conference, focused on policies in telecommunications and information technology for economic and social development.
For more information, visit the event website.