The 2019 edition of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Telecom World will take place on 9-12 September 2019 in Budapest, Hungary. The event is being hosted under the auspices of the government of Hungary.
The event will bring together policymakers, government officials, regulators, the corporate sector, NGOs, the tech sector, and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to exhibit innovative solutions, network, share knowledge and debate with experts.
Under the central theme of 'Innovating together: Connectivity that matters', a forum to be convened during the event will address the need for international, cross-sector collaboration to ensure that digital technologies transform human lives positively – for everyone, everywhere. It will tackle issues such as:
- bringing meaningful, relevant connectivity to all of the world’s citizens
- innovations in technology, policy and strategy that will deliver smart development solutions
- collaboration among the public sector, international organisations and industry bodies to mitigate digital inclusion and the risks
- of living in a hyperconnected society
- expansion of connectivity through innovative funding, infrastructure, and partner models
- optimisation – and control – of the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it generates
For more information, visit the event website.