ITU CWG-Internet: Public Policy Considerations for OTTs
The International Telecommunication Union Council Working Group on International Internet-related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet) has launched an open consultation on the topic 'Public policy considerations for OTTs'. Stakeholders are invited to submit comment on the following aspects:
- What are the opportunities and implications associated with over-the-top services (OTT)?
- What are the policy and regulatory matters associated with OTT?
- How do the OTT players and other stakeholders offering app services contribute in aspects related to security, safety, and privacy of the consumer?
- What approaches might be considered regarding OTT to help the creation of environment in which all stakeholders are able to prosper and thrive?
- How can OTT players and operators best cooperate at local and international level? Are there model partnership agreements that could be developed?
At the end of the online open consultation process, a physical open consultation will be organised. During this meeting, scheduled to be held on 18 September 2017, respondents to the online consultation will have the opportunity to present their views and engage in discussions with other participants.
To contribute to the consultation, visit the dedicated webpage.|full_html