The 2021 edition of the USA Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will take place online on 14 and 15 July 2021.
The governance of the Internet has become a major priority for governments, advocates, academics, and industry across the globe. While the promise of the Internet and the technology it enables is still unparalleled, there are real risks and backlash that threaten to hinder the innovative and transformative power of the Internet for progress around the world. The IGF-USA is a multistakeholder effort to illuminate these issues and cultivate constructive discussions about the future of the Internet.
Some of the topics that will be discussed during IGF-USA are:
- Building Better Online Markets and Communities
- 100% Online: How to close the Internet access gap once and for all
- Why don’t we have better digital IDs? And what could we do if we did?
- The 5 Ws (and 1 H) of Content Moderation
- The Security Concerns Impacting the Internet
- Policy, Standards, and IoT
- Reexamining Antitrust in a Digital Economy
- The Future of Data: Privacy Foundations and Legislative Approaches
- Regulatory Changes and the Potential Fragmenting of the Internet
Registrations are open at the following link.
For more information about the event please visit the official webpage.