The Biarritz Summit (G7 Summit) will be held on 24–26 August 2019 in Biarritz, France.
The summit will gather the leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States, along with the presidents of the European Council and the European Commission, to discuss global policy issues of high relevance on diplomatic agendas. To guide France's 2019 G7 Presidency, the five themes that France will advance include:
- Fighting inequality of opportunity, promoting in particular gender equality, access to education and high-quality health services
- Reducing environmental inequality by protecting our planet through climate finance and a fair ecological transition, preserving biodiversity and the oceans
- Strengthening of the social dimension of globalisation through more fair and equitable trade, tax and development policies
- Taking action for peace, against security threats and terrorism which weaken the foundations of our societies
- Tapping into the opportunities created by digital technology and artificial intelligence
For more information, visit the event website.