The conference 'CyFy Africa: the Conference on Technology, Innovation and Society' will be held on 10–12 May 2018 in Tangier, Morocco. CyFy Africa will be co-hosted by the Government of the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima Region, Morocco; the Moroccan Ministry of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy; Observer Research Foundation (ORF); and First Poly Production (FPP).
CyFy Africa wiil serve as a platform for discussions around the economic, political, and strategic dimensions of cyberspace. The conference is constructed along six pillars:
- Connectivity: policies addressing digital divide, affordable connectivity and digital empowerment in Africa
- Digital inclusion: prospects for Africa's mobile payments market, and leveraging lessons to make the delivery of social services more inclusive
- Security: protecting critical information infrastructure and addressing the concerns of digital communities
- Innovation: integration of technologies into the existing physical and digital world
- Trade: options for boosting growth and economic productivity among African countries
- Society: policy debates around technological determinism and its impact on the future of governance
The conference agenda will be available soon. For more information, visit the event website.