On the occasion of the visit of the College of Europe professors and students to International Geneva, the Geneva Internet Platform (GIP) and the College of Europe (CoE), with the support of the Republic and Canton of Geneva, will organise a seminar on 23 February 2016 on ‘Cybersecurity and Digital Challenges for Europe - The Role of International Geneva’.
Venue: Geneva Internet Platform, WMO building, 7 bis Avenue de la Paix, Geneva
- to introduce CoE students to cybersecurity and digital issues (with a main focus on Geneva-related processes)
- to encourage discussion on Europe and digital challenges
- to provide a space for networking among CoE professors/students and diplomats/officials from International Geneva involved in digital issues
- 12.45 – 14.00 Reception at the WMO Cafeteria including the Digital Landscape IG 360° tour in the 'Attique' of the WMO building
- 14.10 – 14.30 Welcome to International Geneva by Mr Olivier Coutau, Delegate to International Geneva, the Republic and Canton of Geneva
- 14.30 - 14.50 Keynote address by Mr Philipp Metzger, Director of the Federal Office of Communications - Switzerland
- 14.50 - 15.10 Coffee Break
- 15.10 – 16.30 Discussion on International Geneva and digital politics with
- Ms Stefanie Frey, Coordinator - National Cyber Strategy of Switzerland
- Ambassador Thomas Hajnoczi, Permanent Representative of Austria to the United Nations in Geneva
- Ms Selina Jackson, World Bank Group's Special Representative to the UN and WTO in Geneva
- Ms Anne-Rachel Inne, Vice President of Global Engagement - ICANN (Geneva)
- Dr Jovan Kurbalija, Director of DiploFoundation and Head of Geneva Internet Platform (moderator)
This seminar will take place at DiploFoundation, WMO building, 7 bis Avenue de la Paix, Geneva.
Contact us for more information.