Copyright reform: Unlocking copyright for users?
On 8 September 2016, only a few days before the European Commission will announce its plans for a copyright reform, Communia and EDRi are organising a discussion, entitled Copyright Reform: Unlocking copyright for users?, at the European Parliament (room 6G1), in Brussels. The event will discuss some of they key issues surrounding the current EU copyright framework, including its limitations.
Key speakers include members of Communia, Kennisland and EDRi. The event is hosted by Therese Comodini Cachia MEP (EPP) and Carlos Zorrinho MEP (PASD). The agenda is as follows:
- 11:15 – 11:20 Introduction | Anna Mazgal, Communia
- 11:20 – 11:25 Welcome | MEP Therese Comodini Cachia (EPP)
- 11:25 – 11:35 How to understand the L&E practice better? | Launch of copyrightexceptions.eu – Maarten Zeinstra, Kennisland
- 11:35 – 11:45 What doesn’t work? | The #copyfails and ways out of the copy mess – Diego Naranjo, EDRi
- 11:45 – 11:55 What works? | Presentation of the Best Case Studies – Teresa Nobre, Communia
- 11:55 – 13:00 Questions and discussion | facilitated by Anna Mazgal, Communia
- 13:00 – 13:05 Commentary | MEP Carlos Zorrinho (PASD)
- 13:05 – 13:15 Closing remarks | MEP Therese Comodini Cachia (EPP)
- 13:15 – 14:00 Lunch