5th ITU Green Standards Week
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) will organize the fifth Green Standards Week, from 14-18 December 2015 in Nassau, Bahamas. This year, the Green Standards Week is dedicated to the theme of Cities and Climate Change: From the New Climate Agreement to the New Urban Agenda.
The event will be hosted by the Government of the Commonwealth of Bahamas, and organised together with the Basel Convention Regional Centre for the Caribbean Region (BCRC-Caribbean), the Basel Convention Regional Centre for the South American Region (CRBAS), the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), the Regional Bureau for Sciences in Latin America and the Caribbean of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the United Nations University (UNU)
The Green Standards Week acts as global platform for discussion and knowledge-sharing in order to raise awareness of the importance and opportunities of using information and communication technologies (ICTs) to expedite the transition to smart sustainable cities and ensuring a sustainable urban future.
The Green Standards Week, organized by ITU every year (since 2011), brings together leading specialists in the field, from top policy-makers to engineers, designers, smart city planners, government officials, regulators, standards experts, academia and others.
- 14 December: 10th ITU Symposium on ICTs, Environment & Climate Change - From the New Climate Agreement to the New Urban Agenda, jointly organized with UN-Habitat.
- 15 December: Forum on "Turning the E-waste Challenge into an Opportunity", jointly organized by BCRC-Caribbean, CRBAS, ECLAC, ITU, UNESCO, UNIDO and UNU.
- 16 December (morning): Training on “Green ICT Policies and Standards”, jointly organized by CRBAS, ECLAC and ITU. [New]
- 16 December (afternoon) : Forum on "Driving the Connect 2020 Agenda".
- 17- 18 December (morning only): Forum on "Powering Smart Sustainable Cities With the Internet of Things", jointly organized by ITU, UN-Habitat and UNESCO.
Source and more information|full_html